Weeks 3 & 4: How to control & master your emotions
Now that you have created your alter-ego it's time to understand how he/she looks and feels like in the real world.
Below you will find the 3 key ingredients for any emotion. Ask yourself, how does your alter-ego carry themselves with these 3 key ingredients?
Body language is something that you can control and shows everyone how you feel without saying a word.
- Stand: What's his/her posture? Do they stand tall, or slouch? Do they stand with their chest out or is their chest deflated?
- Breathe: How does your alter-ego breathe? Do they have short shallow breathes or do they have long deep breathes?
- Facial Expressions: How does your alter-ego look when he enters the court? Is he excited or low energy?
- Eye Contact: Does your alter-ego make eye contact? Or do they look away?
When you are on the court, what do you focus on? Do you focus on the results you want, or the short term barriers that might get in the way? Ask Yourself.
When I make a "mistake" or something goes wrong:
- DO I FOCUS ON THE MISTAKE?
- DO I GO ONTO THE NEXT PLAY?
The next time I'm in the same scenario do I feel more confident / less confident because of my actions?
Do the things you focus on help or hurt you become the alter-ego you want to become?
What you say, dictates the way you feel about yourself and others. It's one of the most effective ways to become more or less confident.
When something goes wrong, what are the words that come out of your mouth?
When something goes right, what are the words that come out of your mouth?
What do you say to your:
- Yourself: what is your self-talk?