Weeks 5 & 6: Your Pre-game routine
How to create a pregame routine that to consistent results on the court?
YOUR PRE-GAME ROUTINE:
- Get Dressed: To this as quickly as you can. You don't want to be rushed when you hit the court.
- Journal: Write down why you are here? What are your goals? What are you focusing on?
- Visualize Success: Get your mental reps up. Close your eyes and visualize yourself doing what you set out to do.
- PrimeTime: Prime your mind for success. Use your Alter-Ego PDF to help you.
Get dressed quickly. You do not want to be pressed for time, so get dressed quickly and get yourself ready for your pre-game routine.
See the attachment to the right. Evaluate yourself and set up goals for your game or practice. Make sure to write down:
- What are your Goals?
- What is your intentions for this workout?
- What do you want to get out of this workout?
Visualization allows you to see the play before it happens. Take 10 minutes to set your brain right and see what it is you are going to do. USE THE VIDEO TO HELP WITH YOUR VISUALIZATION:
Time to use your Body Language, Focus and Language Patterns to get yourself ready for your workout. Follow your Alter Ego BFLs to prime your body with physical and emotional exercises.
Example: If you want to feel alert & Confident:
- Body Language: Shoulders back, put your head up
- Focus: Focus on what is going to happen on the court. Be confident that you can give your maximum effort on the court.
- Language Patterns: Use language that helps you be engaged. "Let's Go" or "I can do this."